Thursday, September 17, 2009

Tackling Vick & tackling dogfighting

Michael Vick recently made his first appearance among schoolchildren with Wayne Parcelle of the Humane Society of the United States. Vick told the kids: "I didn't choose to go the right way, which led to 18 months in prison, which was the toughest time of my life. Being away from my family, being away from my kids who I adore dearly, and being away from the game of football, doing something so foolish, and I wish I could take it all back."

That sounds ok, but I am still waiting for him to show a little remorse for what he did to the dogs, rather that what he did to his career. CBS Sports has the whole story on his latest appearance.

Among the unconvinced is Main Line Animal Rescue in Philadelphia. MLAR recently placed the ad below in the Washington Post. On October 26th, The Philadelphia Eagles will play the Washington Redskins, and Main Line Animal Rescue will donate a bag of food to a DC animal shelter for every time Vick gets tackled. I am a-ok with that too....it is all part of the game, right?

Read my earlier post about his claims of being reformed, and his new commitment to keeping todays youth out of the dogfighting business.

Wags to my buddy Shep for helping me stay on top of this story!

2 comments:

  1. I don't know.... didn't see any pics or Vick at a shelter helping dogs without a home

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shep is very happy to see that the Main Line Animal Rescue is donating food for animals who still need a home. Having been in the DC shelter, Shep knows what having a real home means.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive