The very first thing your person should do when approaching a new dog is ask your human "may I pet your dog?" This may seem like an unessasary step but it should not be taken lightly. Usually your person will know if you are the type that has a tendency to get a little nippy or even aggressive and will tell another human in advance. The next step is not to make quick sporadic movements because as you know this can sometimes freak us out and cause us to panic. Tell your human that the best thing to do is be calm and relaxed and pet us underneath our chins instead of on top of our heads. This minor detail may change the act your human is performing from suspicious to soothing and that, of course is what we live for, to be loved. Pass it on.
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
Training Tip Tuesday, Human Greeting, Sponsored by Anytime K9
Hello my canine companions. It's Riley with another tip for your human. It seems that some humans don't know how to approach us if they do not know us. They are not sure how we communicate and so they go about greetings us all wrong. Well don't worry once again I am here to save the day.
Posted by Scoop at 7:00 AM
- ► 2010 (131)
- Unlikely best buds
- Police dog donated from unlikely source
- Training Tip Tuesday, Loving Your Kennel, Sponsore...
- Rescue Ink--BIG guys, on the side of pets
- More poop-related news
- Poop scooping is serious business
- Neuter that Boy!
- Thumbs up for Pixie
- Maggie, the diplomat
- AKC's top dogs
- Training Tip Tuesday, Human Greeting, Sponsored by...
- Rescue overload
- Exercising with health and safety in mind
- Mario's great puppy hunt
- Andre's cross-country support team
- Tackling Vick & tackling dogfighting
- Top 10 dog parks
- Stem cell therapy for dogs
- Training Tip Tuesday, CRAWL, Sponsored by Anytime ...
- Fire up your jets to save pets
- Chase cars, don't eat them
- Dog Flu
- Mutt Madness pet charity contest
- Piaget, babies, and dogs
- A Day Without Cats on the Internet
- Crossing the line...
- Traveling in Style
- Training Tip Tuesday: TOUCH, Sponsored by Anytime ...
- Saving Kujo
- Polly, the magnetic dog
- Roo learns to walk again
- The whole world smiles with you
- The Seeing Eye
- The hair of the dog
- Training Tip Tuesday: PRACTICE, sponsored by Anyti...
- The Kennedy dogs
- ▼ September (37)