Here is a heads up to pet charities: Rachel Ray is giving away $200,000 to 64 deserving pet rescue charities. The contest, called Mutt Madness, is set up like March Madness brackets, with 64 charities competing for the top slot via internet votes. All 64 selected charities will get some money, but the final winner will receive $50,000 to help pets! MSNBC has the whole scoop.
Friday, September 11, 2009
Mutt Madness pet charity contest
Popular TV human, Rachel Ray, is all about dogs these days. Last year, the TV chef and pit bull lover launched her own pet website and even started selling her own line of dog food. All of the proceeds from her dog food line ($400,000 last year) goes to pet charities.
Posted by Scoop at 7:00 AM
- ► 2010 (131)
- Unlikely best buds
- Police dog donated from unlikely source
- Training Tip Tuesday, Loving Your Kennel, Sponsore...
- Rescue Ink--BIG guys, on the side of pets
- More poop-related news
- Poop scooping is serious business
- Neuter that Boy!
- Thumbs up for Pixie
- Maggie, the diplomat
- AKC's top dogs
- Training Tip Tuesday, Human Greeting, Sponsored by...
- Rescue overload
- Exercising with health and safety in mind
- Mario's great puppy hunt
- Andre's cross-country support team
- Tackling Vick & tackling dogfighting
- Top 10 dog parks
- Stem cell therapy for dogs
- Training Tip Tuesday, CRAWL, Sponsored by Anytime ...
- Fire up your jets to save pets
- Chase cars, don't eat them
- Dog Flu
- Mutt Madness pet charity contest
- Piaget, babies, and dogs
- A Day Without Cats on the Internet
- Crossing the line...
- Traveling in Style
- Training Tip Tuesday: TOUCH, Sponsored by Anytime ...
- Saving Kujo
- Polly, the magnetic dog
- Roo learns to walk again
- The whole world smiles with you
- The Seeing Eye
- The hair of the dog
- Training Tip Tuesday: PRACTICE, sponsored by Anyti...
- The Kennedy dogs
- ▼ September (37)