We don't want to take any risks like that, so my person always carry's a roll of poop bags for when I do my business, and has extras on hand in case another dog owner gets stuck empty handed. I know the routine and step aside when she has to do her duty as a dog owner and pick it up. So make sure you do your part to keep the sidewalks clean! I don't want other folks giving us a bad name by leaving a smelly mess behind, but I do think that we can cut some slack for the overdue pregnant woman.
Saturday, September 26, 2009
Poop scooping is serious business
This human mom-to-be, 9 days overdue, was out walking her pup when the dog pooped (it happens). It was right in front of her house, so she was resting on the step for a minute before heading inside to get something to clean it up. Well, that was not good enough for the overzealous police officer who saw the pooping in action--and he ticketed her $250 for not picking up the poop immediately! Poop scooping laws are important for human and dog health and safety, but maybe this officer should have given the woman a break and let her go inside to get a bag.
Posted by Scoop at 7:10 AM
- ► 2010 (131)
- Unlikely best buds
- Police dog donated from unlikely source
- Training Tip Tuesday, Loving Your Kennel, Sponsore...
- Rescue Ink--BIG guys, on the side of pets
- More poop-related news
- Poop scooping is serious business
- Neuter that Boy!
- Thumbs up for Pixie
- Maggie, the diplomat
- AKC's top dogs
- Training Tip Tuesday, Human Greeting, Sponsored by...
- Rescue overload
- Exercising with health and safety in mind
- Mario's great puppy hunt
- Andre's cross-country support team
- Tackling Vick & tackling dogfighting
- Top 10 dog parks
- Stem cell therapy for dogs
- Training Tip Tuesday, CRAWL, Sponsored by Anytime ...
- Fire up your jets to save pets
- Chase cars, don't eat them
- Dog Flu
- Mutt Madness pet charity contest
- Piaget, babies, and dogs
- A Day Without Cats on the Internet
- Crossing the line...
- Traveling in Style
- Training Tip Tuesday: TOUCH, Sponsored by Anytime ...
- Saving Kujo
- Polly, the magnetic dog
- Roo learns to walk again
- The whole world smiles with you
- The Seeing Eye
- The hair of the dog
- Training Tip Tuesday: PRACTICE, sponsored by Anyti...
- The Kennedy dogs
- ▼ September (37)