Check out Pilots N Paws awesome campaign this week. From September 12-20, they have the goal of transporting 5000 shelter pets to safety. Pilots N Paws links up pilots with shelters to organize the transport of dogs to shelters that have more room, allowing the flying pups to hang around long enough to find their forever home. Check out my earlier story about PNP and one of their pilot heros, and my original story about the emerging nationwide network creating a virtual underground railroad for dogs. If you and your plane are grounded for the time being, you can also donate to support the cause.
Monday, September 14, 2009
Fire up your jets to save pets
Do you have a plane? And some free time? Who doesn't?
Posted by Scoop at 7:00 AM
- ► 2010 (131)
- Unlikely best buds
- Police dog donated from unlikely source
- Training Tip Tuesday, Loving Your Kennel, Sponsore...
- Rescue Ink--BIG guys, on the side of pets
- More poop-related news
- Poop scooping is serious business
- Neuter that Boy!
- Thumbs up for Pixie
- Maggie, the diplomat
- AKC's top dogs
- Training Tip Tuesday, Human Greeting, Sponsored by...
- Rescue overload
- Exercising with health and safety in mind
- Mario's great puppy hunt
- Andre's cross-country support team
- Tackling Vick & tackling dogfighting
- Top 10 dog parks
- Stem cell therapy for dogs
- Training Tip Tuesday, CRAWL, Sponsored by Anytime ...
- Fire up your jets to save pets
- Chase cars, don't eat them
- Dog Flu
- Mutt Madness pet charity contest
- Piaget, babies, and dogs
- A Day Without Cats on the Internet
- Crossing the line...
- Traveling in Style
- Training Tip Tuesday: TOUCH, Sponsored by Anytime ...
- Saving Kujo
- Polly, the magnetic dog
- Roo learns to walk again
- The whole world smiles with you
- The Seeing Eye
- The hair of the dog
- Training Tip Tuesday: PRACTICE, sponsored by Anyti...
- The Kennedy dogs
- ▼ September (37)