Monday, August 10, 2009
You want me on the helicopter? No way!
Gipsy was out hiking with her person when he sprained his ankle. To make things worse they were on a precarious ridge, and the weather was getting ugly. That might have been the scariest part for him, but Gipsy was the one who got scared when help arrived. When the Ogwen Valley Mountain Rescue’s helicopter arrived, it sounds like Gipsy was pretty spooked. Her person was put in the rescue basket, and they tried to put Gipsy in the attached bag--but she did not like that idea so much. Her person did not want to leave her below, so they waited until got some ropes to harness her into the basket. Even that didn't go so well at first, but they managed to get her tied up and get her to safety. Poor girl was just scared of the helecopter, but it sounds like she was one happy pup once it was all over.
Posted by Scoop at 7:00 AM
- ► 2010 (131)
- The Scoop keeps growing!
- Four legged lifeguards
- Are you an eco-pet?
- Remembering the dogs of Katrina
- The strays of Moscow
- Jake v. pack of cougars
- What type of pet owner are you?
- What are you hiding?
- Top 10 dog-safe cars
- Saving $ at the vet
- Wear your thunderwear!
- Pack of small dogs on their way to Baltimore
- Woah, Mama!
- Flying dogs to safety
- Texas to Miami, and back again
- Rest in Peace Gibson
- Puppies Behind Bars helps inmates, veterans
- Training Tip Tuesday: FOCUS, Sponsored by Anytime ...
- Helping dogs through acupuncture
- Working dogs in NYC
- Vick: "I blame myself"....Now make it right.
- Firefighter is a hero to dogs
- The economy goes to the dogs (in a good way)
- Daizy's 10 months on the road
- Seattle makes the cut of "Top 10 Dog Cities"
- Crafting for your pooch
- US Justice Department Recognizes Best Friends
- The 26 year old dog!
- Adopt a Less Adoptable Pet Day
- Training Tip Tuesday: Barking, Sponsored by Anytim...
- Dog licks cure brain aneurysm (sort of)
- Oreo survives 6-story fall
- "Building Fido's Family Tree"
- You want me on the helicopter? No way!
- Where do dogs come from?
- The "underground railroad for dogs"
- It is what is on the inside that counts
- I am not THAT stinky
- Helping dogs with seizures
- Snuggies for dogs. Seriously.
- What being best buds is all about
- Popeye the Dog
- Training Tip Tuesday: JUMPING, Sponsored by Anytim...
- Piglets & puppies
- Beach Dogs
- Man-dog athletic teams
- Introducing Anytime K9
- Dogs at church? Why not?
- Contact lenses for pet cataracts
- A long way from home
- ▼ August (51)