Friday, August 7, 2009
I am not THAT stinky
Dogs make great soldiers and police officers, in fact, trained dogs are one of the most effective bomb detection systems available. But Iraqi soldiers are hesitant to add them to their ranks. In their culture, dogs are considered dirty, so the Iraqis are not keen on offering the affection that bomb sniffing dogs work for. Americans and Iraqis are working together to help the Iraqi police develop a more general acceptance of dogs. Read or listen to this NPR story on progress that is being made with this project.
Posted by Scoop at 8:00 AM
- December (2)
- November (5)
- October (3)
- September (1)
- August (11)
- July (8)
- June (11)
- May (13)
- April (22)
- March (21)
- February (16)
- January (18)
- December (23)
- November (25)
- October (35)
- September (37)
- The Scoop keeps growing!
- Four legged lifeguards
- Are you an eco-pet?
- Remembering the dogs of Katrina
- The strays of Moscow
- Jake v. pack of cougars
- What type of pet owner are you?
- What are you hiding?
- Top 10 dog-safe cars
- Saving $ at the vet
- Wear your thunderwear!
- Pack of small dogs on their way to Baltimore
- Woah, Mama!
- Flying dogs to safety
- Texas to Miami, and back again
- Rest in Peace Gibson
- Puppies Behind Bars helps inmates, veterans
- Training Tip Tuesday: FOCUS, Sponsored by Anytime ...
- Helping dogs through acupuncture
- Working dogs in NYC
- Vick: "I blame myself"....Now make it right.
- Firefighter is a hero to dogs
- The economy goes to the dogs (in a good way)
- Daizy's 10 months on the road
- Seattle makes the cut of "Top 10 Dog Cities"
- Crafting for your pooch
- US Justice Department Recognizes Best Friends
- The 26 year old dog!
- Adopt a Less Adoptable Pet Day
- Training Tip Tuesday: Barking, Sponsored by Anytim...
- Dog licks cure brain aneurysm (sort of)
- Oreo survives 6-story fall
- "Building Fido's Family Tree"
- You want me on the helicopter? No way!
- Where do dogs come from?
- The "underground railroad for dogs"
- It is what is on the inside that counts
- I am not THAT stinky
- Helping dogs with seizures
- Snuggies for dogs. Seriously.
- What being best buds is all about
- Popeye the Dog
- Training Tip Tuesday: JUMPING, Sponsored by Anytim...
- Piglets & puppies
- Beach Dogs
- Man-dog athletic teams
- Introducing Anytime K9
- Dogs at church? Why not?
- Contact lenses for pet cataracts
- A long way from home
- July (44)
- June (20)