Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Treo, the bomb-sniffing hero

Treo is one heroic dog. This hard-working-bomb-sniffing dog was recognized last week at the London's Imperial War Museum with the Dickin Medal. Treo was instrumental in discovering Taliban bombs in Helmand Province in 2008, saving the lives of countless soldiers. His handler is certainly proud: “When I am at his side I feel safe because I know he has saved my life many times.”

The Dickin award is the highest military award for British service animals. The award started in 1943, and has been given to 63 animals including 27 dogs. According to the AP, there is no equivalent award in the United States. Check out the video below from the Telegraph of Treo and his handler receiving the award.


Wags to two tipsters for this story: my buddies Shep and Winn.

No comments:

Post a Comment