Thursday, July 16, 2009

Worse than Dogballs!*

Champion golfer Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano has been a little off his game since he learned that is Shar-pei, Petra, has gone missing. He even said that he would rather find his dog than win the Scottish Open. This may come as a surprise to golf fans, but not dog lovers.

I sure hope Petra makes a safe return to the Castano family soon! In related news, unfortunately, there have been no recent developments in the Washington DC case of missing Molly, who was stolen from outside a Whole Foods while her people ran in to pick up just a few items.

All these things make me glad that I have a microchip! See my earlier story on microchipping here. Most vets can implant them, and nearly all shelters will scan found dogs to help them find their way home.

[Image courtesy of PhotoBucket]

* I recently learned that "Dogballs is a golf term for scoring 8 on any hole. I don't know much about golf, but I know that is a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive