EcoSalon's recent article "How to Make Pet Hair Work For You, Not Against You" has collected some resources for your options on fur-recycling. A very cool project called "Hair for Oil Spills" collects all kinds of fur (pet and people) and uses it to sop up oil spilled into the environment. The easiest eco-friendly idea is to just leave it in a basket in your back yard so that birds can collect it to insulate their nests. Check out the full article for more tips and links (from sweater making to composting!)
Just don't take so much hair from your dog that he needs a dog-fur sweater like this guy pictured here.
Wags to my friend Maggie for her new gig at EcoSalon! You can also find her at OhMyDogBlog.com.
NEW FEATURE: Enter your email in the box on the right to get Scoop's take on the latest dog news in your inbox!
- SUP for a Pup!
- Big dogs deserve vacations too!
- Can dogs communicate with whales?
- Buddy's name should be upgraded to "Hero"
- Even Google's goats need the help of a dog
- Happy Earth Day!
- A dog for mayor?
- Do good dogs live longer?
- Are dogs Republicans or Democrats?
- Lend a paw and "Be the Change"
- Dogs on the catwalk
- Dog's nose knows drywall
- Recycling dogs fur?
- Blogging with purpose
- Get the Scoop by email!
- The travels of Antigone & the Companion
- Kaleb and the Autistic twins
- Hero by day, dog by night
- Prosthetic paw has Sully running again
- Lion cub finds a mutt mama
- Glamour Pets (April Fools Post)
- Poodle nurses baby squirrels
- ▼ April (22)