Thursday, April 15, 2010
Dogs on the catwalk
The Washington Humane Society pulled out all the stops at this year's Fashion for Paws event. Hosted at the Italian embassy in Washington, DC, this was a super classy event that raised over $320,000 for needy pets in the nation's capitol. People Pets put together a great slideshow if the dogs in couture. The models were in high fashion mode too, but the cameras were on the dogs on the CATwalk! The human models were not ordinary models--each model had to raise a minimum of $3,000 to participate--with some far exceeding that.
Even former White House Press Secretary Dana Perino was strutting her stuff for pets in need!
NEW FEATURE: Enter your email in the box on the right to get Scoop's take on the latest dog news in your inbox!
Posted by Scoop at 7:00 AM
- SUP for a Pup!
- Big dogs deserve vacations too!
- Can dogs communicate with whales?
- Buddy's name should be upgraded to "Hero"
- Even Google's goats need the help of a dog
- Happy Earth Day!
- A dog for mayor?
- Do good dogs live longer?
- Are dogs Republicans or Democrats?
- Lend a paw and "Be the Change"
- Dogs on the catwalk
- Dog's nose knows drywall
- Recycling dogs fur?
- Blogging with purpose
- Get the Scoop by email!
- The travels of Antigone & the Companion
- Kaleb and the Autistic twins
- Hero by day, dog by night
- Prosthetic paw has Sully running again
- Lion cub finds a mutt mama
- Glamour Pets (April Fools Post)
- Poodle nurses baby squirrels
- ▼ April (22)