Chocolat works hard, but plays hard too. His handler, Private Steve Purdy (pictured here) says, "He tends to wake me up a lot in the night just with his toy wanting to play, or he'll destroy something that's close by - like my flip flops." When he is not busy being a hero, it sounds like he is a regular dog during down time.
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Hero by day, dog by night
Chocolat is another hard working dog stationed with the British military in Afghanistan. He recently found himself in the news after he sniffed out a Taliban IED factory that had enough equipment to make at least 10 bombs. He was with his fellow troops patrolling a marketplace when he knew something was up in one of the buildings. He safely led his handler through the booby-trapped building to the bomb making materials. Check out the video here.
Posted by Scoop at 7:00 AM
- SUP for a Pup!
- Big dogs deserve vacations too!
- Can dogs communicate with whales?
- Buddy's name should be upgraded to "Hero"
- Even Google's goats need the help of a dog
- Happy Earth Day!
- A dog for mayor?
- Do good dogs live longer?
- Are dogs Republicans or Democrats?
- Lend a paw and "Be the Change"
- Dogs on the catwalk
- Dog's nose knows drywall
- Recycling dogs fur?
- Blogging with purpose
- Get the Scoop by email!
- The travels of Antigone & the Companion
- Kaleb and the Autistic twins
- Hero by day, dog by night
- Prosthetic paw has Sully running again
- Lion cub finds a mutt mama
- Glamour Pets (April Fools Post)
- Poodle nurses baby squirrels
- ▼ April (22)