Happy Earth Day! Puglet the Pug has a great video full of tips tips for making your person more green, but what about your person to help you be more green? Take this quick quiz from the folks at Petside.com to measure your carbon pawprint-I scored "super green!" They also have lots of articles on dogs going green, including "What to do with your dog's doo."
The Discovery Channel's Planet Green has the top 15 tips for going green with your pet. It is important to remember that adopting and spaying/neutering your pet is not only responsible, but it is also green.
My friends over at ThePhillyDog have some great tips, even for dogs that don't live in Philly. Some are pretty simple--if your person buys you treats, make sure they recycle the cardboard box they came in. She even has some ideas for repairing toys instead of throwing them out, and where to find eco-friendly new toys.
Let me know if you have some tips on your site or blog and I can add them here!
Best Friends Animal Society
[Image courtesy of PhotoBucket]
NEW FEATURE: Enter your email in the box on the right to get Scoop's take on the latest dog news in your inbox
- SUP for a Pup!
- Big dogs deserve vacations too!
- Can dogs communicate with whales?
- Buddy's name should be upgraded to "Hero"
- Even Google's goats need the help of a dog
- Happy Earth Day!
- A dog for mayor?
- Do good dogs live longer?
- Are dogs Republicans or Democrats?
- Lend a paw and "Be the Change"
- Dogs on the catwalk
- Dog's nose knows drywall
- Recycling dogs fur?
- Blogging with purpose
- Get the Scoop by email!
- The travels of Antigone & the Companion
- Kaleb and the Autistic twins
- Hero by day, dog by night
- Prosthetic paw has Sully running again
- Lion cub finds a mutt mama
- Glamour Pets (April Fools Post)
- Poodle nurses baby squirrels
- ▼ April (22)