As a dog, running the house is just part of my job. Running a city, though, I am not so sure about that! Well, Genny would like to be elected mayor of the Canadian city of Clarington. Her person, Marven Whidden tried to register Genny as a candidate, but was told she could not run becuase she is a dog. They have not ruled out a write in campaign. According to the Toronto Star, "while kissing babies may not be her thing, she does a mean face lick."
You can read more about the saga on Whidden's blog, where the pair has received both criticism and support. They have created quite a stir!
NEW FEATURE: Enter your email in the box on the right to get Scoop's take on the latest dog news in your inbox
- SUP for a Pup!
- Big dogs deserve vacations too!
- Can dogs communicate with whales?
- Buddy's name should be upgraded to "Hero"
- Even Google's goats need the help of a dog
- Happy Earth Day!
- A dog for mayor?
- Do good dogs live longer?
- Are dogs Republicans or Democrats?
- Lend a paw and "Be the Change"
- Dogs on the catwalk
- Dog's nose knows drywall
- Recycling dogs fur?
- Blogging with purpose
- Get the Scoop by email!
- The travels of Antigone & the Companion
- Kaleb and the Autistic twins
- Hero by day, dog by night
- Prosthetic paw has Sully running again
- Lion cub finds a mutt mama
- Glamour Pets (April Fools Post)
- Poodle nurses baby squirrels
- ▼ April (22)