UTCVM recently posted this adorable bandage-free picture to their website, where they have been overwhelmed with support. But, as her vet reminds her fans, "Please remember there are many, many little brown dogs (and lots of other colors and sizes, too) at your local humane society or animal shelter who need a loving forever home."
Thursday, December 24, 2009
The strong spirit of Little Brown Dog
Little Brown Dog (LBD) is one strong survivor! After some ugly abuse, she found herself at the University of Tennessee's College of Veterinary Medicine. She had severe abrasions on her paws and required extensive skin grafts. If you missed my earlier story, you can read the background here. With the amazing care of the good folks at UTCVM, LBD is now finally out of her bandages and getting around so well, she has even mastered jumping the baby gates in the hospital!
Posted by Scoop at 7:00 AM
- ► 2010 (131)
- Even dogs go on vacation
- George, the gentle giant
- Giving our soldiers a little Faith
- Have a wagging Christmas!
- The strong spirit of Little Brown Dog
- Safety & the holidays
- Rudolph the wet-nosed dachshund
- Paw pad health in the snow
- Financial help to keep your pack together
- Best walking partners are 4-legged
- A dog, a cop, and a rabbi...
- LA's chihuahua surplus
- Speaking of Christmas gifts...
- Christmas Shopping? Don't get a puppy.
- Four legged stress relief professionals
- Puppies help with finals, but these students need ...
- Training Tip Tuesday, POOP EATERS, Sponsored by An...
- Helping Vets and saving homeless pets
- The "bump" that mattered
- Protecting the dogs that protect us
- Foster a Lonely Pet for the Holidays
- Celebrating old dogs
- Training Tip Tuesday, BOUNDARIES, Sponsored by Any...
- ▼ December (23)