- Tinsel may look nice, but can cause an intestinal blockage if ingested (Same goes for ribbons).
- Beware of loose batteries from all your new gadget gifts--obviously toxic to dogs!
- Keep candles safely away from pets--spilled wax is no friend to skin or coats, and tails do catch fire.
- Glass ornaments may look like balls, but are not safe to play with--so keep fragile ornaments at the top of the tree.
The holidays can also be stressful for dogs. There is so much going on--travel, house guests, trees in the house, and changes in the regular walk/feeding schedule. Check in with the folks at Houston Pet Talk (scroll to bottom) for tips on making the holidays less stressful for your dog.
[Image Courtesy of PhotoBucket--though I DO NOT endorse the idea of wrapping your dog in Christmas lights, in fact, it is probably a pretty bad idea]