See, there we are, looking out for your health. If you are thinking about making a pre-vacation resolution about your fitness, maybe you should think about how your dog might be able to help you stick to it.
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Best walking partners are 4-legged
A new study from the University of Missouri tells us that dogs make better walking partners than humans for those interested in staying committed to their exercise plan. People who walk with dogs are less likely to bail out on their exercise than those who walk regularly with another human. The study showed that humans seem to readily accept the excuses of their 2-legged walking partners, which can undermine their motivation to walk. Dogs on the other hand, are ALWAYS up for a walk! Some days, we can even give you the extra motivation you need to get out the door. The study was conducted with shelter dogs, but you know that dogs living in your home will get into a routine and even remind you that it is walk time!
Posted by Scoop at 7:00 AM
- ► 2010 (131)
- Even dogs go on vacation
- George, the gentle giant
- Giving our soldiers a little Faith
- Have a wagging Christmas!
- The strong spirit of Little Brown Dog
- Safety & the holidays
- Rudolph the wet-nosed dachshund
- Paw pad health in the snow
- Financial help to keep your pack together
- Best walking partners are 4-legged
- A dog, a cop, and a rabbi...
- LA's chihuahua surplus
- Speaking of Christmas gifts...
- Christmas Shopping? Don't get a puppy.
- Four legged stress relief professionals
- Puppies help with finals, but these students need ...
- Training Tip Tuesday, POOP EATERS, Sponsored by An...
- Helping Vets and saving homeless pets
- The "bump" that mattered
- Protecting the dogs that protect us
- Foster a Lonely Pet for the Holidays
- Celebrating old dogs
- Training Tip Tuesday, BOUNDARIES, Sponsored by Any...
- ▼ December (23)