Hopefully some of these folks will realize the joys of fostering and help lots more homeless pets out by providing a loving place to stay while they find their forever home. I was lucky enough to be in a safe warm foster home for the 6 months that it took me to get from the streets to my forever home. If you have some extra space in your warm home this holiday season, you can find a local participating organization at Petfinder.com.
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
Foster a Lonely Pet for the Holidays
The great folks at Petfinder.com are partnering with Hallmark this holiday season to promote fostering. The program is called "Foster a Lonely Pet for the Holidays." Hallmark is showing the special "A Dog Named Christmas" during the holiday season to help raise awareness about homeless pets. Petfinder.com has partnered with over 2,000 shelters around the country to help find temporary homes for pets between Christmas Eve and New Years Day.
Posted by Scoop at 7:00 AM
- ► 2010 (131)
- Even dogs go on vacation
- George, the gentle giant
- Giving our soldiers a little Faith
- Have a wagging Christmas!
- The strong spirit of Little Brown Dog
- Safety & the holidays
- Rudolph the wet-nosed dachshund
- Paw pad health in the snow
- Financial help to keep your pack together
- Best walking partners are 4-legged
- A dog, a cop, and a rabbi...
- LA's chihuahua surplus
- Speaking of Christmas gifts...
- Christmas Shopping? Don't get a puppy.
- Four legged stress relief professionals
- Puppies help with finals, but these students need ...
- Training Tip Tuesday, POOP EATERS, Sponsored by An...
- Helping Vets and saving homeless pets
- The "bump" that mattered
- Protecting the dogs that protect us
- Foster a Lonely Pet for the Holidays
- Celebrating old dogs
- Training Tip Tuesday, BOUNDARIES, Sponsored by Any...
- ▼ December (23)