Friday, June 26, 2009

Today is Take Your Dog to Work Day


Humans are always complaining about going to work, so why would I want to go? I am perfectly happy at home hanging out on the sofa and looking out the window. Sometimes I even get to sleep in the bed if my person forgets to close the bedroom door!

If your person decides to take you to work, make sure they check out The Do's and Dont's of Take Your Dog To Work Day. Squeaky toys are on the "don't" list--that is no fun!

I also learned that this "holiday" has been celebrated for ten years! Who knew? According to the Official Website for TYDTWD, the day was created to "celebrate the great companions dogs make and to encourage their adoption from humane societies, animal shelters and breed rescue clubs. This annual event encourages employers to experience the value of pets in their workplace for this one special day to promote pet adoptions." Now that is a cause I can support!!

In the meantime, I already have two jobs--taking care of my person and writing this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment