Yesterday was Mother's Day, and PeoplePets.com took the opportunity to remind us how caring animals can be--sometimes even becoming the mama to orphaned animals of a different species. They have great slideshow of some of the great inter-species moms in the news--including this hen sitting on top of her puppies!
A few of my past mom stories include:
-The pup that played mama to panda cubs
-Piglets as puppies
-Lion cub finds mutt mama
-Poodle nurses baby squirrels
I think that humans top the list when it comes to inter-species parenting though! Do you have a furkid? If so, post a pic to my facebook wall to share with other fans!
NEW FEATURE: Enter your email in the box on the right to get Scoop's take on the latest dog news in your inbox!
- Honoring vets of all kinds
- Pawlates will wiggle your butt into shape
- Woof to the wolves!
- Fit feds and DC's shelter dogs
- You better like me cause I'm your best friend
- Diplomatic Dachshunds
- A good dog is a good dog, regardless of breed
- Dog, meet baby
- Running for TX Governor to save pets' lives
- A cat and her...puppies?
- Inter-species parenting
- Listen up! Dogs are good listeners
- How you and your dog can help with the Gulf oil sp...
- ▼ May (13)