Dog obesity is a real problem, and now dog pilates is a real solution too. Or, should I say "pawlates." The Virgin Active gym chain in the U.K. has launched a new program just for pets--Animal Active. In addition to Pawlates, classes include Pooch Paunch Buster, Puuuroebics, Wag Attack, Canine Crunch. Dog yoga is already pretty widespread, but this variety of gym-based activities is new.
According to The Sun, "one in four dog owners admitting that they never exercise their pets," so there is definitely a need for new ways to motivate people to keep their dogs at a healthy weight. Animal Active will provide a fun place for people to work out with their pets. Not a bad idea, but I have a cheaper option--walking around the block. You could pick up another exercise buddy from your local shelter to make exercise into a play date for a dog in need.
This is still only in the U.K., but you can learn more about it on the Virgin Active website.
- Honoring vets of all kinds
- Pawlates will wiggle your butt into shape
- Woof to the wolves!
- Fit feds and DC's shelter dogs
- You better like me cause I'm your best friend
- Diplomatic Dachshunds
- A good dog is a good dog, regardless of breed
- Dog, meet baby
- Running for TX Governor to save pets' lives
- A cat and her...puppies?
- Inter-species parenting
- Listen up! Dogs are good listeners
- How you and your dog can help with the Gulf oil sp...
- ▼ May (13)