"Can Pets Improve Your Relationship?", Phillips uses examples of how people react to their pets to show how they should also consider treating their human partners. For example, you may be upset or a little mad after a shoe gets eaten or curtains are shredded, but people rarely hold grudges for their pets mistakes. Check out the whole article for perspective on greetings, expectations, acceptance, holding grudges, assuming the best, and for better and for worse.
Image courtesy of NY Times Well Blog, where I first read about Dr. Phillips' article.
- Friends will stick with you through the tough time...
- Seven years of blogging!
- What is fostering all about?
- Viagra for Ingrid
- Homeless man saves dumped dog
- Paper: eat with caution
- Not "just a dog"
- Safe Summer Swimming
- Scoop has gone to the Cats
- Full time dog, part time marriage counselor
- Cats are OK too
- ▼ June (11)