Now that Heidi has done her part working for the police and raising 28 pups (most of which followed her footsteps in the police force), she is set to retire. She will be living in the home of one of the police kennel attendants. She is just five years old, so still has lots of life ahead of her. We wish her all the best for the next phase of her life!
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Working mom-dog is set to retire
Heidi was not any ordinary working dog, she was also a mom, and an internet sensation. Heidi joined the Northumbria Police force in the UK when she was just eight weeks old. She was a working dog, but also was the mom three different litters of future working dogs. As the pups grew, their people set up a webcam so you could watch the cuteness unfold. The puppy webcam eventually reached over 300,000 hits from around the world!
Posted by Scoop at 7:00 AM
- Lola saves 6 lives in Haiti
- Vernon's amazing river rescue
- Working mom-dog is set to retire
- "Cutest Dog" prize winner gives back
- Is pet news a relief for bad news fatigue?
- Saving Tangye
- Animal Relief Coalition for Haiti
- Dog people and cat people really ARE different!
- Puppy CPR
- This inseparable dog-cat duo needs a home!
- Search and rescue dogs land in Haiti
- Does Grandma need a dog?
- Canine Compulsive Disorder
- Training Tip Tuesday, AGILITY, Sponsored by Anytim...
- Hi, is this the lost and found office?
- Angel lives up to her name
- Max is no longer king of dog names
- Bahama Potcakes
- ▼ January (18)