If you have ever been to a city dog park, you know if can get pretty crazy! Yet Sebastian was still able to capture the essence of the individual dogs. Sebastian is retiring from his NYC dog park adventures because of his Parkinsons disease, and many are sad to see him go, but he left portraits behind that will last a lifetime. I bet he and Kitty will find some new dogs to sketch at their retirement home in Ohio. Best wishes!
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Dog park art
Dick Sebastian was not just any regular at his local dog park in New York City. Aside from having a dog named Kitty, there was something more that set him apart. He started sketching the dog characters at the park to help everyone remember their names. It turned out he had quite a knack for capturing each dog's personality at the park, and he became something of a dog park celebrity. Over time, he did over 50 personalized portraits for park regulars.
Posted by Scoop at 7:00 AM
- ► 2010 (131)
- Little Brown Dog
- Medical disaster planning goes to the dogs
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- Sammy's Muttsterpieces
- Dog ice cream, why not?
- Dog-Safe Thanksgiving Goodies!
- Nubs' long journey
- Titan tops the Guinness list as tallest dog.
- Companion animals and pain management
- Chewey goes to school
- Training Tip Tuesday, DROP IT, Sponsored by Anytim...
- Sabi the desert survivor
- Diablo, one tough dog!
- Important Update on H1N1 Flu & Pets
- Honoring four-legged veterans
- Snickers v. Ninja
- Dog park art
- Training Tip Tuesday, LOOSE LEASH, Sponsored by An...
- Belly-rubbin with the Top Dog
- Then there were ten
- God, dogs, and church attendance
- Smarter than just "sit"
- Do you have a furkid?
- Training Tip Tuesday, BE GENTLE, Sponsored by Anyt...
- Restoring Merci's faith
- ▼ November (25)